Unfortunately, due to water & sewer issues MINISTIK SCHOOL will be CLOSED
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 16, 2017
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to ensure a safe and healthy school environment for our students and staff!
Please check our school Facebook Page for updates! www.facebook.com/moosefactoryministikschool/
As the end of September approaches, we are actively working to complete this year’s drafts of students’ Individual Education Plans! For those students identified as exceptional, the IEP serves as a working document to ensure educational success based on student strengths.
Parents: we need your input! Help us work together so that your child’s educational goals are met! Please complete the attached form and return to your child’s teacher.
For further information or a paper copy, please speak to your child’s teacher!
Check here for more information!
We are so excited to welcome our students back to school!
Please be advised:
- our start time is 8:40 am – please make sure your child arrives at school between 8:30 and 8:40 – student drop-off is at the garage side of the school
- Students are to bring their morning and afternoon meals to school each day – Due to increased safety concerns and too frequent interruptions to instructional time, we will no longer be accepting student lunches at the office – if children are hungry or do not have enough to eat, snacks and sandwiches will be available. If you wish to bring your lunch and eat with your child, please be sure to sign in a the school office!
- Student dismissal is 3:00 pm – student pick-up is at the garage side of the school
Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher for further information!
We will be publishing our *new* Student Handbook, in both hard copy and digital, in the very near future… stay tuned!!!
Students in SK to grade 8 start school on Wednesday August 23 @ 8:40am!
*All students will meet in the gym for our opening assembly!
*Junior Kindergarten students will receive notices as to their start date: please feel free to send a message to our FaceBook page for individual details! Moose Factory Ministik School Facebook
*all students MUST have indoor shoes!
*please label all personal items*
Our School Office will be open starting Monday August 21!
On behalf of the Moose Factory Ministik School team of educators, I am pleased to welcome Ms. Melba Rickard to our school’s administration team as Vice-Principal!!
Melba brings over 20 years of valuable teaching experience to her new position as Vice Principal of Ministik School. Her experiences range from grades K to 6, Special Education Resource Teacher, Spec Ed Coordinator (DDECS) and ESL teacher in Quebec. Before returning to Moose Factory, she spent many years at Cochrane Public School in grades 3 to 6, and later as Cree Language Teacher. Welcome back, Melba!
Don’t forget: the 2017-2018 school year begins for students on Wednesday August 23, 2017!!!
If you are interested in joining our education team, please see the current job postings here!! Employment Opportunities
Moose Factory Island District School Area Board is pleased to present our 2017-2018 School Year Calendar for Moose Factory Ministik School!
- the first day of school for students is Wednesday August 23, 2017
- the last day of school for students is Friday June 29, 2018
- extended Fall Harvest Break: Monday October 9, Tuesday October 10, Wednesday October 11, 2017
- Christmas Holidays: Monday December 25, 2017 until Friday January 5, 2018
- March Break: Monday March 12 until Monday March 19, 2017
- “Floating” Spring Hunt Break will be either Monday April 16 until Monday April 23 OR Monday April 23 until Monday April 30, 2017 – this will be determined by the Board of Trustees at their Regular Board Meeting on March 6, 2018
- there are seven Professional Development Days: August 21, August 22, November 13, January 29, February 15, and May 22 – there will be no school for students on these days
- there are two formal reporting days for parent, student, teacher interviews: Thursday October 26, 2017 & Thursday March 1, 2018 – students will be dismissed at 12 noon and interviews can be scheduled between 1pm – 3pm & 6pm – 8pm