MOOSE FACTORY ISLAND DISTRICT SCHOOL AREA BOARD
This Board Policy Manual has been developed to highlight and support the very important governance function of Moose Factory Island District School Area Board. In addition to clearly defining the role of the Board, the role of the supervisory officer, and the delegation of authority from the Board to the supervisory officer, it includes the following as policies:
- Foundational statements which provide guidance and direction for all activities within Moose Factory Island District School Area Board;
- Expectations for the development of a positive learning and working environment in the district;
- Statements as to how appeals and hearings will be conducted;
- Directions to foster effective parent and community relations;
- Guidelines for how the Board itself is to function and how individual trustees are to conduct themselves;
- Non-delegable matters such as policy-making, selection of the supervisory officer, and evaluation of the supervisory officer’s performance; and
- Other matters for which the Board chooses to exercise governance.
This Board Policy Manual is intended to be supplemented by an Administrative Procedures Manual, the primary written document by which the supervisory officer directs the staff. Administrative procedures must be entirely consistent with Board policies.
The development of two separate and distinct documents is meant to reinforce the distinction in Moose Factory Island District School Area Board between the Board’s responsibility to govern and the supervisory officer’s executive or administrative duties.