Active forms of travel (ie. walking, biking) and the use of private transportation by parents and families are strongly encouraged.
Ministik School Drop-off and Pick-up Procedure:
—Parents & Caregivers will use the “parent loop” only for arrival and dismissal times
——parents can pull to the right (school side) and remain in their vehicles while children are dropped off or picked up
——OR parents can pull to the left (street side) to park, exit their vehicles and walk to pick up or drop off their children
—– Please be aware of children, adults and other vehicles in the area, drive carefully, and read the signs!—–
The Parent Loop is supervised for entry and dismissal. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children for drop-offs or pick-ups during instructional times. Please continue to use the parent loop in those circumstances.
*Kindness, Honesty, Sharing and Strength are Cree values we strive for each day – we very much appreciate your cooperation and kindness as we work each day to keep our children safe. If you are unhappy or unfamiliar with the drop-off and pick-up process, please do NOT take it out our education staff. You may direct your concerns to the school principal or contact the school board office. Meegwetch.
Bus transportation will be provided by request only. Parents are required to sign up for bus service. Parents must indicate on the Ministik Student Information Questionnaire that bus transportation is requested. Eligibility for bus transportation is dependent on student grade and walking distance between school and home.
The following safety measures will be implemented:
- Students will be permitted to board the bus from their designated pick up location only.
- Students will be permitted to disembark the bus at their designated drop off location only.
- Only one pick up and one drop off location for each student is permitted. Changes to these locations will require a minimum 24 hours notice, in writing, to the Principal.
- Students will be placed in an assigned seat. Children from the same household may be seated together. Children from the same classroom cohort may also be seated together.
- Following our Hand Sanitizing Protocol, students will be required to use hand sanitizer when boarding the bus. Students are encouraged to wash their hands when they arrive at their destination.
- Following our Face Mask protocol, all students, Kindergarten to Grade 8, will be required to wear a mask. (reasonable exemptions for medical conditions must be documented with the Principal) Parents & Caregivers are responsible for providing masks for their children.
- Attendance will be taken at point of pick up to support contact tracing.
Changes to a student’s bus routine involving another bus route are to be requested in writing to the school principal firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum or 24 hours notice.
Changes to a bus stop on the same route OR from regular bus routine to parent/caregiver pick up are to be communicated by calling the school office 705-658-4535 daily before 11am for lunch break and 2pm for end of day.
The school board (MFIDSAB) operates one “small bus” for off-reserve students in kindergarten to grade 2. Questions, comments, and suggestions should be directed to the school principal @ 705-658-4535.
The Moose Cree Education Authority (MCEA) operates local bus services for students in kindergarten to grade 6 living “on-reserve”. Questions, comments, and suggestions should be directed to the MCEA @ 705-658-4726.
Thank-you for your cooperation.
IMPORTANT REMINDER! FOR THEIR SAFETY: PLEASE MEET YOUR CHILD(REN) AT THEIR BUS STOP.
If buses are cancelled, a post will be shared as soon as possible (usually before 8 am) on our school Facebook page:
In the event of a bus cancellation, the school will remain OPEN to staff and students.
However, Parents & Caregivers are encouraged to use their parental discretion when making the decision to keep your children home or send them to school.
If you choose to send your kids to school, be sure to make transportation arrangements for your child(ren) to return home at the end of the school day.