Information Memo to Students, Parents & Guardians
Friday February 6th 2015
- Kindness Curriculum: Ministik School is focused on building a safe community of learners. We are actively discovering and sharing kindness for ourselves, our friends and families, our community and our environment. Our first priority is student safety – through the use of sharing circles, class and school presentations, we are actively teaching students to keep their “hands off” and to use their words to positively resolve conflicts. We encourage students and parents/guardians to continue to report difficult situations. Together, we can teach and learn kindness so that all members of our school can learn in a safe environment.
- Indoor Shoes: It is very important that all members of our school (staff & students) are wearing shoes while inside the school. To participate in physical education classes, students must be wearing running shoes. Please be sure to label all personal belongings with your child’s name.
- Personal belongings, valuables, and electronics: Students and parents/guardians are encouraged to make responsible choices if choosing to send personal and valuable items to school. Ministik School cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. In some circumstances, specific permission may be given by the classroom teacher for intermediate students to use personal electronics (such as cell phones, iPods, or tablets) only to complete an assignment. In most cases, these items should be left at home.
- Monday February 9th – PA Day. There will be NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS on Monday February 9th
- Friday February 13th – PA Day. There will be NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS on Friday February 13th
- This Professional Activity Day is a day for school staff supporting our mental health and the mental health of our students. Key learnings will be focused on kindness, resilience and the Zones of Regulation.
- Monday February 16th – Family Day Ministik School will be closed on Monday February 16th as we celebrate Family Day
- Thursday February 19th – Shibastik local musician & motivational speaker with special guests Red Cloud & Chrystal Lightning ~ Whole School Performance @ 11 am in the Gym ~ parents/guardians and community members are welcome to join us!
- Thursday February 26th 9am Marvelous Ministik Minds Student Awards’ Assembly!
o The awards’ assembly begins at 9am.
o Teachers will call and invite the award winning students’ parents/guardians.
- Tuesday February 24th – Report Cards will go home with students in grades 1-8; kindergarten report cards will be mailed home.
- Thursday February 26th – Reporting Interviews 1pm – 3pm & 6pm – 8pm Please call Daisy or Louisa in the main office to book your appointment time
- Shortened Day Schedule: The students will be dismissed for the day at 12 noon.The day will follow a reversed schedule:
8:40 am – 8:50 am opening routines
8:50 am – 9:30 am Period 7 – Awards’ Assembly @ 9am
9:30 am – 10:10 am Period 6
10:10 am – 10: 30 am Nutrition Break
10:30 am – 10:50 am Physical Activity Break
10:50 am – 11:30 am Period 5
11:30 am – 11: 50 am ½ Period 4
11:50 am – 12:00 pm closing routines & dismissal
- Bus Changes:
o Parents/Guardians please make sure that you call Daisy or Louisa in the school office before 2:30 pm for any changes to your child’s regular bus routine.
o Unfortunately, due to a shortage of bus drivers, David’s on-reserve bus is picking up students in grades 6, 5/6, 4/5, 4, 3, and 2/3 at 2:35pm. He then returns to the school at 3:00pm to pick up the on-reserve bus students in K1, K2, K3, and grades 1A, 1B, and 2.
o Students in grade 7/8, those who walk home or get picked up are dismissed at the regular 3:00pm.
- OUTDOOR EDUCATION begins on Friday February 27th with the grade 7/8 trip to Doctor’s Creek! More information to follow…
I will happily discuss any questions or concerns. Please contact me by calling the school 705-658-4535 or sending an email to email@example.com
~ Mrs. Jennifer Knight-Blackned
Ministik School Principal