Moose Factory Ministik School
P.O. Box 160
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Nov 20 MFIDSAB – Memo to Community – Ministik School Reverting to Phase One: Remote At Home Learning for 14 period following the Christmas Break
Our Moose Factory Ministik School Year Calendar 2020-2021 has been approved by the Moose Factory Island District School Area Board of Trustees and the Ministry of Education.
- Students will begin the school year in PHASE ONE: Remote At Home Learning
- PHASE TWO: a daily part time in school learning/part time remote at-home learning model may begin on Monday October 19, 2020
- Further guidance from the Board of Trustees, the Ministry of Education, Public Health, local leadership, and the local Pandemic Emergency Operations Team will inform our next steps.
- Updates for our school community will be shared via this website, our school’s Facebook page and posted on community bulletin boards.
- We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate to keep our school community safe.
Student Registration & Student Information Questionnaire
A paper copy of our MFIDSAB Student Registration & Information Form and a digital copy of our Ministik Student Information Questionnaire are required for each student enrolled at Moose Factory Ministik School for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Parents of New Students are also required to provide copies of the following documents to complete their child’s registration:
- Proof of Birth
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Status (if applicable) – Status Card, Letter from the First Nation
- Most recent Report Card, if previously enrolled in school
Classroom Cohorts (PHASE TWO)
To support potential contact tracing, for the duration of the school day, students will remain with their classroom cohort.
Data collected in the Ministik Student Information Questionnaire, will be used to create our classroom cohorts.
Each class will consist of three cohorts:
- Cohort A: Morning IN SCHOOL/Afternoon REMOTE AT HOME
- Cohort B: Morning REMOTE AT HOME/Afternoon IN SCHOOL
- Cohort C: Full Day REMOTE AT HOME
Parents will receive a follow up email with the confirmed Cohort Placement for each child.
Daily IN SCHOOL Schedule for Cohorts A & B
- Cohort A: Monday arrival time: 9am, Tuesday-Friday arrival time: 8:30-8:45am
- Cohort A: Monday-Friday dismissal time: 11:20am
- Cohort B: Monday-Friday arrival time: 12:40pm
- Cohort B: Monday-Thursday dismissal time: 3:05pm; Friday dismissal time: 2:40pm
Further details of our Reopening Plan: Phase Two can be found here: