Hello Ministik School Parents & Caregivers,
Ministik School is seeking your input on a few questions to help us to better serve our students and their families.
Please take a few moments to complete our first of a series of surveys.
We would like your responses to be submitted prior to Tuesday October 25 @ 4pm.
Our Moose Factory Ministik School Year Calendar 2022-2023 has been approved by the Moose Factory Island District School Area Board of Trustees and the Ministry of Education.
Hello Ministik School Parents & Caregivers!
As our educators prepare to welcome our students for the 2022-2023 school year, I would like to share some important details:
- We have an updated Back to School Plan Back to School Plan 2022-2023
- When we returned to In School Learning in March 2022, we shared a transitional timetable. Some adjustments have been made to begin the year and others will come as the school year progresses.
- Student Lunch – at this time, student lunch will continue at home. Our school community will work together to explore safe options to resume student lunch at school in a timely manner. In the coming days and weeks, members of the school community will be invited to provide input and ideas in support of collaborative problem solving.
- Important Times
- Morning Supervision & Student Arrivals @ 8:45am-9am *daily
- Lunch Dismissal @ 11:55am-12:05pm *daily
- Afternoon Supervision & Student Arrivals @ 12:45pm-1pm *daily
- Afternoon Dismissal @ 3pm-3:10pm *daily
- Returning Students (those who attended Ministik in June 2022) are invited to their first day of school on Wednesday August 17, 2022
- New Students will be provided with start date details as their registration packages are processed.
- Brand New Student Backpacks filled with school supplies will be provided for each Ministik School Student courtesy of the Koinonia Christian Fellowship through partnership with the Moosonee Pentecostal Church. Representatives will visit the school and will support school staff in distributing! Thank you!
Please carefully review our 2022-2023 Back to School Plan for details regarding safety measures, student belongings, and transportation!
- Further guidance from the Board of Trustees, the Ministry of Education, Public Health, local leadership, and the local Pandemic Emergency Operations Team will inform our next steps.
- Updates for our school community will be shared via parent & caregiver email list, this website, our school’s Facebook page, and postings on community bulletin boards.
- We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate to keep our school community safe.
Student Registration: A paper copy of our 14 FORMS MFIDSAB Procedure No. 305-01 Student Registration & Information Form revised June 2022 is required for each student enrolled at Moose Factory Ministik School for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Parents of New Students are also required to provide copies of the following documents to complete their child’s registration:
- MFIDSAB Student Registration & Information Form
- copy of Proof of Birth
- copy of Immunization Record
- copy of Proof of Status (if applicable) – Status Card, Letter from the First Nation
- copy of Health Card
- copy of most recent Report Card, if previously enrolled in any school
Bus transportation will be provided by request only. Parents and Caregivers are required to sign up for bus service using
Student Transportation (MFIDSAB & MCEA)
Active forms of travel (ie. walking, biking) and the use of private transportation by parents and families are strongly encouraged.
Eligibility: Kindergarten to grade 6 students residing on-reserve;
Questions/concerns? Contact Heather.Moore@mcea.ca 705-658-4726 Ext 251 Cell: 705-698-7846
Eligibility: Kindergarten to grade 2 students residing off-reserve;
Questions/concerns? Contact Ministik School email@example.com 705-658-4535